Fibar Bulk Engineered Wood Fiber (Playground Mulch)
Over the past 25 years, Fibar has become the world leader in playground surfacing. We have learned the ins and outs of how to produce and deliver Engineered Wood Fiber in a way that means peace of mind for specifiers and buyers alike. We stand ready to assure your complete satisfaction with every delivery. Fibar EWF is made from 100% virgin wood fiber, not used wood, which may contain things you do not want in your playground. Unlike some other brands, Fibar EWF is carefully controlled as to type and size of wood fibers. This means that the fibers knit together to provide a surface springy enough to cushion falls, yet firm enough for wheelchairs. Another advantage: Rain water passes through Fibar playground mulch, so kids can play right after it rains. Finally, it simply looks good. The varied colors of natural wood please the eye and blend in with any kind of setting. Fibar EWF is tested regularly to make sure it complies with all relevant ASTM standards: F1292 for impact absorption, F2075 for material purity, and F1951 for wheelchair access. In addition, the testing is independently verified by the International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA).
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- What contains the Fibar? You can border with curbing for an above-ground installation or excavate to have the play area flush with the surrounding land.
- Is Fibar treated? No! Fibar wood fiber is not chemically treated and is totally natural.
- How long does Fibar last? Fibar does not decompose as mulch does. Test results show that after 12 years of use its impact absorbing qualities actually get better with age!
- How is Fibar maintained? Occasional raking as usage dictates is all that is necessary to keep the play area in good condition. According to usage, the area will need to be topped off periodically. Active playgrounds are usually topped off every three years.